What you will need:
Liquid unscented alcohol-free soap like Sanex
Aftercare balm, we recommend Inksential
How to care for your new tattoo:
1. Keep original covering on your tattoo for 3-4 hours
2. Firstly wash your hands, then remove the wrap from the tattoo and discard. The tattoo will appear oozy/slimy, this is normal.
3. Wash your tattoo with warm water and a little soap, use enough pressure to remove ooze. DO NOT use a facecloth, sponge or anything other than your fingertips.
4. Pat the freshly washed tattoo with a clean piece of kitchen towel. Do not rub the tattoo, or it can be left to air dry for about 10 minutes, Do not use a towel as it can leave fibres stuck to the fresh tattoo
5. Apply a small amount of tattoo aftercare product, leaving a thin layer on the tattoo
6. Recover the tattoo with a fresh piece of cling wrap and secure with medical tape.
7. Repeat steps 3-6, every few hours for 3 days. Do not rewrap on the 4th day!
8. Apply aftercare product to the tattoo 3-4 times a day after washing for at least another 10 days
Healing time for your new tattoo will be 2-3 weeks
it will start to peel in 5-10 days.
Do not scratch or pick your new tattoo
always wash your hands before touching your new tattoo.
Things to avoid while healing:
Prolonged soaking in water, do not submerge new tattoo in a bath.
Direct sunlight for at least 6 weeks.
Dirt and grease.
Tight clothing and clothing that creates friction on the tattooed area.
Our touch up policy:
We can touch up tattoo for free within 3 months of the original application .there will be a charge after the 3 month period.
If the tattoo has been damaged through neglect, bad aftercare, picking etc, we are not obligated to touch it up for free.
Your own health will also determine how well your tattoo heals.
Alcohol, drugs and smoking weaken the body’s system and can slow down the healing process. Sleep well and eat well.
We are always happy to answer any queries during your healing process.